My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Monday, May 27, 2013

Beyond the Beyond and That We May

This is the verse I've been landing on in the past few days.

20 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, 21 to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.

Ever have God stretch you in areas that appear beyond what you think you can imagine or handle?  Well, He's in that process with me/us right now.  
Decision making about life changing opportunities.
Suffice it to say, things are happening in this house that are going to once again stretch me/us to a place where I may not have gone by choice.  It is still a choice to "go there"...in a way. 
Yet, in another way I almost feel like we Don't have a choice but to "go there".

Right now I cannot give all the details.

All I know is He is in process and we are overwhelmed by the possibilities of what He may be doing.  

Pastor Louie's sermon series is titled:
 "That We May"
God doesn't need anything from us.  He is here to Give to Us.
If you want a big harvest then give generously (this isn't about trying to buy your way to heaven it's about watching God wreck your life)

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, THAT YOU MAY declare the prases of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."  1 Peter 2:9

It is our privelege to worship--to serve Him--to Give Generously--to obey.  

Sometimes it's just a little scary to step out of the boat if you know what I mean.

Yesterday as Peter and I were discussing some of this I asked him,

"So if we do this thing...it could be challenging and hard and life changing.  If we don't do this thing do we get to say, 'I'm relieved we didn't do that, whew that was close?' "...
we both laughed and then we took a break from talking about it for a little while.

Prayer would be appreciated so we remain aligned with His Will and His desire and learn about the privelege of "That We May".




1 comment:

  1. Boy does that ever sound like Luke is getting another sibling....

    ReplyDelete