My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Monday, April 29, 2013

a little more for today 4/29

I came home 2 nights ago from Wisconsin to hopefully stay home for about a week before heading back to spend more time with mom.  But, then I got a call from the social worker where she is staying.  Apparently mom is getting more agitated and confused and is very sleepy and isn't eating much.  I'm not sure if that is because she was alone without one of us most of today or if things are just progressing or both.  But, it was more piled on to today.  I talked with Hospice and they are on top of it also.

Then one more thing--to ponder....

The young boy (age 10) that was Lucas's best friend in China was put on the main list called the Shared List of Special Needs kids several months ago.  But then his file disappeared and went to a specific agency.  But, nobody knew which agency it went to.  Today I found out it popped back up on the Main Shared List and he is now available for ANY agency to gain access to.  I had to post about that because you may hear more about him.  Technically, people are not suppose to give too much information about Chinese kids that are up for adoption, but I know things.  I have been in search mode for him for several months (dare I say a year?).  I want to know where he ends up and if I can advocate for him I will.  So you may see more info on him here on this blog in a few days just in case someone out there would dare be interested and be praying over a certain precious 10 year old boy in China who is available and likely needs surgery on one of his legs.  I would LOVE to be able to tell Lucas that he has a family.

Lucas and I also went to a counseling session today which turned out to be so incredible and precious.  I can't go into too much detail, but God was there and evident and Lucas and I got to play together for 45 minutes and afterward he said,
"Why did you love me so much that you adopted me?"
It is so hard to explain and understand how God worked out all those details.  But, suffice it to say, I picked him up and carried him for a while and loved on him and told him I am soooooo Happy that God chose him for us.  And even though I don't understand it all, I am so in love with him.  He said he was happy and loved me too.
A treasure for today.
Thank you Jesus!

It's been a busy and emotional day around here.
I may need to go to bed soon!  =)

3 comments:

  1. Wow girlfriend, sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Prayers for you to keep fighting the good fight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, all of that is sooooo big. Praying with rejoicing that He is with you through it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post brought tears to my eyes. Lucas is blessed by such a great family and you are also receiving so many blessings from him.

    ReplyDelete