My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Butterfly Circus

I've seen videos by this man in front of groups before.  His name is Nick Vujicic.  An amazing soul born with no arms or no legs.  But this short story, The Butterfly Circus, touched me in an unexpected way today.  Each segment is 10 minutes long but SO worth the view










I found myself weeping at the end.
(spoiler alert--watch it before reading on)


I know we are going to bring our boy home and we hope that he sees it as a good thing.  But, at some point we may have to deliver a message to him that is going to be so hard.   Doctors have told us the best treatment for his leg condition is amputation of both legs from the knee down and prosthetics.  Of course no doctor here has seen him yet, so we will see what the reality is when he gets here.  But we are prepared, well as prepared as one can be, for this in his near future.  


As I watch this video I am struck by what God sees in us as a people.  Whether our "imperfections" are visible ones or invisible ones, God sees our potential.  God sees potential in you, in me, in someone without limbs.  That is not to say there won't be pain in the process.
But, God can
"...see the beauty that can come from the ashes"


and as the Circus master says:
"the greater the struggle, the more glorious the triumph"


I love how God sees our potential!  Let him raise you out of the ashes to the beauty that is yet to be beheld.  
God is so good!











No comments:

Post a Comment