My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Convicted

I want to keep this post simple.  On Sunday at Passion City Church, Louie presented such a basic concept but it has made me think for the past 2 days and I hope it will change me forever.  
It was all about "The Name".  We all carry with us "names" -- Coach, Eddie Bauer, Honda, or Gaga.  Whatever they are, we throw names around all day long.  But, what do we do and how do we display "THE Name" -- Jesus?  I'm not talking about bumper stickers on everyone's door, or forcing religion down people's throats---as Louie said we need to make sure we are not just annoying or obnoxious.  I'm talking about being "real".  The Jesus of the Bible --- How do we display that to others around us?  How can we be people that carry "The Name" where ever we go?  not in an ugly, annoying, preachy way.  I'm talking about living in community, displaying genuine kindness, not being self serving, allowing ourselves to be vulnerable in relationships so we can be real with one another, seeing those in need and DOING something!  But, not just because we are "good" people---but instead because we want to make HIM famous so that others may know that He is Real--that They too can know a personal, real, life changing God.  Not a God that requires us to wear hats on Sundays, or makes a long list of rules to follow---I'm talking about a real and personal relationship with the One who created the Universe.  


This road is not the easy road.  Sometimes carrying "The Name" accompanies suffering.  


so I ask myself---How do I carry "The Name"?--it's quite convicting actually and humbling because I know I don't do it well.  I faulter.  I make mistakes.  But, I do know this, when I think of Him and His love for me, even in hard times He has carried me, I know even I can carry "The Name"-----Jesus----Thank you Lord for the privilege of carrying Your Name.




20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. (eph. 3:20-21)



No comments:

Post a Comment