My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"That's not a Happy Meal...That's a Sad Meal"

So the other day, Lucas and I went through the drive thru at McDonald's for ice cream.  He saw they have a Scooby Doo toy right now and he wanted it.  I said "not today" because we were getting ice cream and it was 7:30 at night and he hates hamburgers.  He said he would eat it sometime if we got it, but seriously I don't believe it.  I have yet to see the child eat a whole hamburger in a bun.

Tonight we did the same thing.  As we drove through the drive thru he asked for a McFlurry this time--ok.  Then he quickly added "and french fries".  When we got the food he was disappointed that he didn't get a toy.
I said, "It comes with the Happy Meal remember?"
 "That's a hamburger and french fries."

He said "THAT's not a Happy Meal."
"That's a SAD Meal"
"A Happy Meal is ice cream and french fries"
(he thinks he deserves a toy -- afterall his idea is so much better than theirs--)
"One day I'm gonna go by that restaurant and get a Scooby Doo toy"

I completely cracked up!

He is totally right...I have to agree.  A "Happy Meal" is not exactly "Happy".  Nor is it really "food".

I think McDonald's should listen to him and create a new "Happy Meal"....
A McFlurry and frenchfries.

What do you think?


1 comment: