My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Monday, February 27, 2012

Wisdom and Discernment

Today's theme in addition to Ephesians 3:20-21, is asking God for Discernment and Wisdom and committing to intense prayer in regards to the direction he wants us to go.
1 Kings 3:5-14 speaks about God giving King Solomon the choice for anything he wanted, and Solomon's request was for discernment and wisdom.  After he asked God for that, God gave him so much more...But Solomon didn't go into it with a heart of manipulation toward God.  He didn't say to God..hmmm if I say I want something like Discernment what else will you give me?  His heart was pure and his request was honest and from the heart.  He wanted to be given Discernment and Wisdom.  God gave him beyond the beyond after he heard Solomon's honest heart felt request.

So I'm left with my own questions....What do I really desire?  Peter is wrestling too.  We wonder,
"have we missed something along the way?"  Or is this just another journey God wants us to walk?
Am I asking for the right things?  Are we really open to anything God may desire?

These verses also minister to me on a continual basis in times like this...
(just so happens to be Solomon's daddy that spoke This prayer..King David)
1 Chronicles 29:11-14
11 Yours, LORD, is the greatness and the power 
   and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, 
   for everything in heaven and earth is yours. 
Yours, LORD, is the kingdom; 
   you are exalted as head over all. 
12 Wealth and honor come from you; 
   you are the ruler of all things. 
In your hands are strength and power 
   to exalt and give strength to all. 
13 Now, our God, we give you thanks, 
   and praise your glorious name.
 14 “But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand.

When you see things from the perspective that God owns it all...and controls it all...and is the ruler of all...and has the power over all things...
How can we walk in a place of depression or regret or hang our heads?  
But, we do---at least I do-- and sometimes I don't realize how much it is affecting me until the weight is gone.  

Everything belongs to Him!
"Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name."

walking in faith step by step and watching God do some little miracles each day. (ie couponing, generous friends, and small leads for Peter here and there--)


No comments:

Post a Comment