My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Sunday, May 13, 2012

"Happy Mother's Day Momma"

If I heard it once I heard it a thousand times today.
I'm so blessed.

Isaac said it many times.
I got sweet hugs and kisses from him all day.
I treasure those from my almost 17 year old young man and his prickly face...=)

Lucas said it many times as well.
And tonight I laid down with him for a little while and he could not get close enough to me--
to the point of almost squishing me.
He kept saying
"I just can't stop saying Happy Mother's Day momma"
then his little eyes began to well with tears and he said it again and again.
I said
"Thank you Lucas, now go to sleep sweety"
then again and again.
And he practiaclly crawled on top of me and squeezed me so tight.
A few more teary moments.

Eventually he said.
"You are going to be my mommy forever right?"
"Yes Lucas"
"And daddy is going to be my daddy forever right?"
"Yes Lucas"
"That makes me so happy"
"Me too Lucas.  Me too.  Now go to sleep sweety"

What a precious way to end a Mother's Day.  I am blessed.







No comments:

Post a Comment