My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Prayer Warriors Called Into Action--Day 8

If you want to see what we are praying about go HERE.

Tonight I was looking at Emma's back while I was massaging it.  I mean really looking at it.  From the perspective of what "normal" might look like, it's just a mess.  There are so many bones out of place and a non functioning hip and leg. There's a scar across her lower back that is about 8-10" long that looks like someone could have cared less how they sewed it up. (this was her one and only surgery at 11 mo. old for her SB)
I was touching it tonight and really "feeling" it.
I know most people my steer clear of even touching it.  She is very 'boney' --
So that means you can actually see some of the bones particularly on her back almost protruding.  I wish I could share a picture with you, but that would be pretty personal for her.  Suffice it to say, I think many people have steered clear of really offering her much physical touch/affection in life because it's almost awkward to hug her because you don't really know where to wrap your arms around her boney crooked frame.  I only say this because reality is what it is.

Yet, tonight I looked at it.
I mean really looked at it.
I truly wonder what is all going on inside of there.
Not much of it seems to make sense.

But, I'll tell you what made a whole lot of sense toninght.
I kept coming back to sections of Psalm 139 in my head.
I kept thinking about how intricately God Knows Emma.
I kept thinking about how He Wove Her Together in her mother's womb and how she was fearfully and wonderfully made.
How He has had her in the palm of His hand all along.


So tonight...we pray this Psalm over Emma.
We pray the knowledge of our Heavenly Father--the Great Healer and Deliverer would be seen and known.

I know it would be a long prayer to pray this...but could you insert "Emma" in for "Me"?
(I'm not highlighting anymore because I found it hard to read)

1You have searched me, Lord
and you know me. 
2You know when I sit and when I rise; 
you perceive my thoughts from afar. 
3You discern my going out and my lying down; 
you are familiar with all my ways. 
4Before a word is on my tongue 
you, Lord, know it completely. 
5You hem me in behind and before, 
and you lay your hand upon me. 
6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, 
too lofty for me to attain. 
7Where can I go from your Spirit? 
Where can I flee from your presence? 
8If I go up to the heavens, you are there; 
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 
9If I rise on the wings of the dawn, 
if I settle on the far side of the sea, 
10even there your hand will guide me, 
your right hand will hold me fast. 
11If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me 
and the light become night around me,” 
12even the darkness will not be dark to you; 
the night will shine like the day, 
for darkness is as light to you. 
13For you created my inmost being; 
you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
14I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
your works are wonderful, 
I know that full well. 
15My frame was not hidden from you 
when I was made in the secret place, 
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 
16Your eyes saw my unformed body; 
all the days ordained for me were written in your book 
before one of them came to be. 
17How precious to me are your thoughts,God! 
How vast is the sum of them! 
18Were I to count them, 
they would outnumber the grains of sand— 
when I awake, I am still with you. 
19If only you, God, would slay the wicked! 
Away from me, you who are bloodthirsty! 
20They speak of you with evil intent; 
your adversaries misuse your name. 
21Do I not hate those who hate you, Lord
and abhor those who are in rebellion against you? 
22I have nothing but hatred for them; 
I count them my enemies. 
23Search me, God, and know my heart; 
test me and know my anxious thoughts. 
24See if there is any offensive way in me, 
and lead me in the way everlasting.

Also, just an added request-- Tonight was the first time she really expressed any anxiety over the procedure and had questions about pain, etc.  This was all before the massage.  So, she's beginning to think it all through now.  So as you get to vs. :23--please pray she is released from any "anxious" thoughts and sees Jesus is by her side.

2 comments:

  1. Oh precious Emma. We are praying with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful psalm for her.
    Praying for her heart, mind and body.
    And for yours.
    Love.

    ReplyDelete