My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Few Updates

Our days are filled with anticipation as we prepare to leave for China. 
This week we found out SunWan didn't even know he was up for adoption let alone leaving in just a few weeks. He found out about a week ago, when our package arrived to the orphanage for him.   I have many mixed emotions about that.  At first I was mad.  But, then I thought maybe not knowing was a protection from the Lord.  These next weeks will be hard for him as he processes how his life is about to change. He will need to leave all that he has known.  His only "family" has been the children at the orphanage, the nannies, the directors.  Even if it is not the perfect setting in "our" eyes, it is his life.   I want to be there to comfort him and reassure him.  But, since I cannot, I will pray.  Only God's comfort can embrace him right now.  Even though he may not have ever heard about Jesus, he still can know his loving peace.  It's a mystery to me, but I believe it with all my heart.  So I pray....across the miles.
A few days ago we placed an order for a cake to be delivered to the orphanage for the kids to share as they say their "good byes" to him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment