My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Friday, April 15, 2011

Priliminary Dr. Report

We will go back in about 3 weeks for bloodwork, a retake on the Chinese TB test, Titers for all his vaccines, etc.  But, in the meantime, we found out he has a heart murmur, and that he will likely need some orthodontia work at some point.  We need to take care of the heart murmur issues first before anything else, so I will be making that appointment first.  The doctor also wants us to start out with an orthopoedic doctor.  We have the lead on a podiatrist, but she is not satisfied with that.  She thinks the orthopoedic docs are who need to see him.  So we just need to decide what direction we will go with that.

He did GREAT at the appointment and was a very happy boy.  He got a lot of attention for that and loved all the stickers.  I think he's going to be a real trooper over the next several months.  He seems unphased by the medical stuff so far.  But, nobody has really poked him either...so stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. My experience with Podiatrists-- most work with ailing older adults and most do not consider anything structural above the foot.

    I really like pediatric orthopods-- And I like to bounce stuff off of physical therapists because they are the ones that make a body work after surgeries, etc. A good one is more holistic in thought. Everything is connected and effects everything else. I really found PT's to be helpful from the hips down.

    Off my soap box :)

    ReplyDelete