My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Sunday, December 18, 2011

All I really Want for Christmas-

Most days I just go through the day as if Lucas has always been here.  He gets under my skin like any other child of mine.  He makes me laugh.  He says sweet things.  He requires discipline.  He sits at our table and enters into family conversation.  He makes messes all over the house.  He loves to have stories read.   He adds an energy to our house that motivates us to go do fun and crazy things.   He is tickled and anxious and excited and crazy about Christmas. 
Then ocassionally the realization hits me.  
"Where would he be right now...
this Christmas....
if...
God had not led us to him 
and 
if we had not said "yes" just about one year ago?"

This song has been around for a couple years, but this Christmas.  It is having a serious impact on me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment