My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Sunday, December 25, 2011

"For the first time in Years it feels like Christmas Again"...(isaac)

Isaac put this on facebook today--Christmas Day 2011--

"For the first time in Years it feels like Christmas Again"

I Love that!
I was having my own weepy moments this year because we are apart from family and friends.  We are completely alone--just the 4 of us miles from family.  And with Lucas in our family this year, I'm just really missing being with family.  Of course Linda and Paul sent Lucas a sweet book with them reading "The Night Before Christmas" to him.  It is so sweet and he loves it.

But, we had a wonderful night last night.  And today has been very relaxed and family centered.  I'm glad my big boy has had such a wonderful Christmas.  That makes MY Christmas special.

Here's a bit of the saga as we celebrated our Saviors birth together as a family....

Annabelle and Lucas before Christmas exchanging gifts.  Lucas likes to "share" Annabelle with Isaac...=)




 She gave him a new Bow Tie...he loves it!



Hmmm there is a theme here...Isaac got a belt from Annabelle's dad AND Peter....do ya think both of them recognized a need?




 Buddy the crazy dog felt a need to help everyone open gifts this year....


 The traditional popcorn balls...




 Lucas gave me a spoon rest for my kitchen so I can keep my kitchen clean.  Peter said he was insistent on buying it for me for that reason...hmmm not sure a spoon rest is enough to help me keep my kitchen clean, but it will help a little I suppose...=)  LOVE that boy.



Lucas gave his gifts to Peter and Isaac before we left for church last night, because he gave them both "handsome"shirts, and "handsome" pants, and Isaac got "handsome" shoes too.  I of course had to wear a "pretty" dress.  He really single-handedly got everyone to get all dressed up. Thank you Lucas.

  Lucas was extatic to wear his own new black dress pants, black shirt and a tie.

 I've never seen a young boy so excited to get dressy clothes...


We headed off to Passion City Church where we had a wonderful yet simple message from Louie, amazing worship through old faithful Christmas songs and a few newer ones too, snow even fell from the ceiling, candle light and Silent Night (which was complete with Lucas belting out the words as loudly as he could-adorable).  And Louie and Shelley gave away a PUPPY to a "lucky" child...lol...that was a sweet funny moment...(it was NOT us!!)  

We came home to gifts under the tree and an EXTREMELY giddy boy (and teenager too).

Lucas just screamed!

As he opened his gifts he got so excited!  Everything you would imagine from a young child.  Bouncing around, laughing, screaming... it was so much fun to watch.  I think Isaac even had fun watching him too.  We all had so much joy watching his excitetment.

(of course this all comes after our "Christmas" in WI with the other side of the family and the toys he has already been playing with for a month)...this boy is well loved.


 I have to say, I got one of my favorite gifts of all time last night.  Isaac took a photo while he and I went on a walk alone in China.  It is of a cool old building.  It really reflects his style in photography and it is a sweet memory of our time together.  It's 11x13 and framed in a beautiful dark wood frame.  I absolutely LOVE it!  and I love my boy!




 Isaac got a bottle of dollar bills from our Cz friends....such a quandary for a teenage boy...to break or not to break that is the question..."How much money is even in there?" ... "If I break it I won't have it anymore and there is the sentimental value"...."I think I will wait for a money emergency, then break it"....

Legos for Lucas

 just love this pic of my man...
 and my big boy

Lucas and Isaac got matching Nerf Guns....and the war began...




 Isaac's favorite beverage...a box of Arizona tea....
 Since Peter drinks smoothies everyday and has broken my blender twice... so now he has his OWN!
 A gift from China for Isaac...it's called a "chop" and it is like a stamp made out of stone.  It comes with ink and he can use it as a type of signature.  It's very traditional and feeds the "artist" in him.

 Lucas just giddy with excitement as he prepares to open that BIG GOLD BOX!!!
 A Playmobil Hospital from his aunts and uncles...
 there was so much bouncing and jumping around I couldn't really take a picture till he calmed down...
 me n my honey....
my handsome boys...



 the aftermath...

 and the hospital construction begins...
 and Isaac pigs out on cheese fondue...
 the cat jumps into an available box by the christmas tree and takes up residence...

Then we had to try to get the boys to sleep because at our house Santa comes with just one or two special gifts on Christmas morning.  Lucas and Isaac slept together--
not sure if that was a good idea or not
but they did eventually go to sleep.

At 8 a.m. we had a pound on our bedroom door, and there stood Isaac with Lucas in his arms saying "You gotta git up you gotta git up, It's Chrstmas morning"
(words from an old Rich Mullens Christmas tune)



 CHRISTMAS MORNING>...

 "see I told ya...it's a huge firetruck"...(all 36" of it...)

Lucas had his heart set on a BIG firetruck from Santa.  
We kept telling him we just didn't know if Santa would bring it for sure...
but then he saw the package under the tree.
 I seriously thought the child was going to have a heart attack....(it's 36" long).




 an Amazon Kindle for Isaac (thanks to Santa and help from a relative...=)


 aww isn't he handsome???


the hospital construction continued into the morning...

 a view from the top....they're almost done...
 and Down goes the teenager...

and just to top off the day...a little firetruck story (of course)


A few days ago, Lucas insisted on stopping by our favorite firestation and he got to see his favorite firetruck...Engine 21 again.  He had some questions for them about their tools, etc.  The fireman that brought Engine 21 to our house a few weeks ago for a visit was there...Fireman Andy.  He told Lucas that he was working on Christmas Day.  So Lucas decided then and there that we would come to visit him on Christmas Day.
SO....that was our plan.  We got ready to go.  I baked some bread to take along.  

and just as we were getting ready to leave....
 A FIRETRUCK SHOWED UP across the street with lights and everything. 
 It was FIREMAN ANDY.....
unfortuanately our neighbor across the street had reason to call them (we don't know details but it appeared to be a medical emergency).  Lucas was SOO excited and he yelled out the window "Fireman Andy!!"...he waved politely, but Andy had to stay on task of course.  They did not have to take anyone away so that is good, but we did pray for everyone involved and it appears they are ok.  
Of course I would never wish ill on anyone, but my goodness could Christmas get any better for Lucas???


A little while later, after we ate dinner...we went to the firestation to visit...(Andy is on the right of Lucas) Lucas brought along his new firetruck and showed it to the firemen...


We also watched Elf and It's a Wonderful Life while a fire burned brightly in the fireplace.  And NOW....Football....Lucas is so excited for Peter to be able to watch football today.  GO PACKERS!!!!

Merry Christmas to All and to All a Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment