My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A trip to the Zoo...

I think we picked the HOTTEST and most humid day of the year to go to the zoo.  We wanted Oma and Opa to come along but they said they would not be able to tolerate the heat.  After it was all said and done, I think they probably were right.  I cannot remember the last time I dripped and sweat so much in my life.
It was a wonderful day, but I have to say I am grateful for air conditioning and a swimming pool tonight.

As we entered the zoo, Lucas immediately noticed the 2 motorcycle cops (ok State Troopers) in front of the zoo.  What we didn't expect was how friendly they would be and kind enough to let



LUCAS SIT ON THEIR MOTORCYCLE!!




we enjoyed the pandas



combing the goats


climbing the rock wall


feeding parakeets


hanging out with our kids




and watching relationships build between the kids.  These are treasured days for sure.  I only wish we lived closer so we could do it more often....They really seem to genuinely enjoy one another's friendship.    Lucas was a champ today--as were Lydia and Will.  Even though it was 100 degrees and humid, we lasted at least 5 hours at the zoo.  
Topped off the day with a swim in the pool and now all 3 of them are sleeping together side by side on a queen sized aerobed.  I think they like eachother.




No comments:

Post a Comment