My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Sunday, January 29, 2012

"Did Jesus Call You?" (lucas)

Ever have a really close call with a potential car accident?
I'm still coming down off an adrenaline rush.

Lucas and I were down in Atlanta, near our church and waiting at a stoplight.  I proceded when my light turned green and was turning left.  As I was just passing the cars that should have been stopping on my left in the cross traffic a car came careening through the red light he had.  He wasn't even attempting to slow down.  If he had hit me it would have been on the driver's side right where Lucas was sitting.  I barely had made it past and he was already "gone" through the intersection and well on his way.  I heard an attempt at brakes, but I'm not sure it was from him.

My heart just raced and I got all shakey.  I called Peter because he was not far behind me to ask if he saw it, and he said 'no'.  We talked about Jesus protecting me, etc.

So when I got off the phone, still visibly shaken, Lucas started talking about how that would have been an "emergency" and a "car accident", etc.  I said "yes" it could have been bad.  But, that Jesus was protecting us.  He said:
"Did Jesus Call You?"
He thought the call I made to Peter was Jesus...=)

I kind of wish I could just dial up the phone like that.
But, really, I can.  I just thanked him over and over again the rest of the way home for his Provision and Care for us.  
Then when Peter got home I hugged him and broke into tears.  
The thought of something happening to our sweet Lucas boy......blah!!!!  
can't go there...

Psalm 121:3
He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber.

Thank You Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment