My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year--2012---

We had friends over last night and Lucas made it to midnight.  He was AWESOME and so excited about doing fireworks.   Hearing them go off around us added to the excitement.  He kept talking about doing fireworks in Mongolia.  I think Chinese New Year was  BIG DEAL!  And we plan to celebrate here again in February.  He was in his glory.

Isaac was home here with Annabelle and it was a great evening in my opinion---sorry bud, but I loved having you here.

I know of 2 families that lost loved ones in the last few days of 2011 and 2 others with a diagnosis of cancer at a relatively young ages.  I know of a child who is battling cancer that is on my heart constantly.  I also know a family who had a "surprise" pregnancy pop up in their 40's and are praying for a healthy delivery in 2012.

As we enter the New Year there are so many things to consider and be thankful for.  Some are entering it with trepidation while others anticipate great joy!

Personally, watching how the Lord has provided in 2011, I cannot imagine what 2012 will be like.

I don't really like the whole New Year's Resolution thing.  I fail...every year.  I remember going to a MOPS(Mother's of Preschoolers) meeting many many years ago and our leader said she made the New Year's resolution to "smile more".  I will never forget that (thanks Jamie) because it was so simple.  It wasn't elaborate and it was attainable.  Even if remembered for just a few weeks or days, it was a wonderful reminder to spread kindness in a simple way.

I woke this morning to this in my inbox from Purpose Driven Life.  In a way it is so simple.  And in a way so life encompassing.  I need a fresh dose of this reminder.
I'm actually printing this one out and putting this verse on my mirror for 2012...


“For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.” (1 Corinthians 2:2 NIV)
If the Apostle Paul made New Year’s resolutions, my thought is he only had one resolution on his list: “[This year] I resolve to know nothing but Christ and him crucified” (1 Corinthians 2:2).
Paul’s message is radically simple: Salvation is in Christ alone. What does this mean?
  • It’s not Christ plus your good behavior.
  • It’s not Christ plus the number of verses you memorize.
  • It’s not Christ plus being super active in church.
  • It’s not Christ plus your tithe.
  • It’s not Christ plus wisdom from the latest Christian seminar.
  • It’s not Christ plus the years you taught a Bible study.
  • It’s not Christ plus the perfect spouse.
  • It’s not Christ plus well-behaved children.
  • It’s not Christ plus the right job.
  • It’s not Christ plus a good driving record.
It’s simply Christ — Christ plus nothing.
That’s Paul’s message, a message that is as right throughout this coming year as it will be in 2999. Let’s make our resolution for 2012 to focus on Jesus, who he is, and what he did for us.




Happy New Year to All--and May 2012 be a year of blessing for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment