My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Saturday, November 12, 2011

God’s Provision - Part 3-- an attempt to understand

I’m not a theologian, and I don’t want to lay claims to being one.  Please do not take my word as the final understanding of God’s Provision.
But, this I do know...
I am a believer in the ONE who Provides. 
And I have learned a few things over time and I have a LONG way to go to understanding all of this.  As I write I am also trying to process and speak truths to myself as reminders--cuz we are in the midst of needing reminders right now.
When I say “God has Provided” I hesitate.  
Why?
Because I don’t want to be flip about it.
The reality is God never promised us a nice home in a subdivision with a swimming pool and my best friend as my neighbor forever.  He never promised “x” number of dollars a year income or guaranteed employment with health insurance benefits “like it used to be”. 
But, He did Promise to Provide deliverance for us.  It may not “look” like the kind of deliverance we may expect.  But, our ultimate deliverance is our eternal deliverance through Christ.  
“for I know that through your prayers and God’s provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance." Philippians 1:19
Knowing God has all the Power He needs to deliver us at anytime from anything...well there is comfort in that.  
He is Able. 
2 Corinthians 9:8
New International Version (NIV)
8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
Ephesians 3:20-21
New International Version (NIV)
 20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen


Will He deliver us in the way we desire or expect?
Only He has that full plan and purpose.  
I do wish I had a glimpse of what His imagination could come up with for our future.
If there is one thing I’ve learned in the trials of life it is this: 
My worship is deeper, My worship is more full and meaningful when my heart is the most broken and desperate-when I am the most dependent on Him to Provide and not on a dollar amount or bank account.  
God’s provision doesn’t always mean we get to “keep” everything we want for as long as we want....It means He provides what we need for the moment, and reserves the right to remove it at any time to fulfill His ultimate plan--For His Glory.  That may sound counterintuitive or selfish on His part.  But, He still has an ultimate Goal in mind and promises salvation--which in reality is His GREATEST Provision.  Earthly provision--that is temporary.  Eternal Provision---now THAT is something to rest your assurances on. 
I have felt somewhat neglectful in mentioning this issue.  There are dynamics to it that are beyond just “me”.  My hubby has been working so hard.  It is hard to watch him work so hard and still struggle to help our family make ends meet.  He is an amazing man.  An awesome father.  
I on the other hand, admittedly have some issues of anxiety over it and fear of change if God decides to change direction for us.  I don’t really want to admit that, especially after writing what I just did.  There is evidence all over it of His Provision, yet, anxious thoughts still creep in.  So I’m just going to lay it out there and say I struggle in this area.  But, God is revealing things lately that are blowing me away.

Part 4 to follow....



No comments:

Post a Comment