My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

a tender moment in WI....

not many words for this pic.
But, I thought it deserved it's own post.

While we were in WI, Isaac requested we stop by the cemetery where our other 3 boys are.
Benjamin Gary--born 3/18/90--lived apx 1 hour
Samuel Curtis--born 9/13/91--lived apx. 1 hour
Jacob Georg--1/23/98-4/29/04  6 years old

Lucas knew about Jacob, but we never quite got around to telling him about Ben and Sam his other two Gege's (big brothers).  And this was the first time he had been to such a place.  He was a little confused as he was trying to figure out where the boys really were since we've told him they were in heaven.  It's a lot to comprehend.

Isaac often reflects on his brothers as well.  I think he wonders too--what would it be like to have those 2 older brothers?  What would it be like to still have Jacob?...it's something we will always wonder, and we will never forget any of them.

(the 3 wreaths are all of our boys...front to back, Jacob, Sam, and Ben)---thanks Oma for being so faithful in placing wreaths and flowers there for us.


When we were having Lucas fitted the other day for his new legs, the prosthetisist asked if he had any other sibs.  Lucas said "yes, 4 gege's"...and he left it at that.  He never really explained any more than that.  I love his matter-of-fact attitude...they are just his big brothers and that's that!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for your losses. I have a hard time going to the cemetery. I used to go often...I needed to. Now I don't like to go. It is definitely a hard place for little ones.

    ReplyDelete