My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Thursday, March 8, 2012

"Encouraged"

...a word out of my husband's mouth this morning.  LOVE that!  Just little things that are giving him encouragement on this journey.  I LOVE that God is giving that to him.  Not a lot to really hang our hats on yet, but just a few little projects have come for him this week and I think he is feeling the affect of prayer.  We are also just enjoying watching God speak in small ways.

When I did my quiet time this morning I opened my Bible and really had no specific direction in mind.  I just finished a study with some ladies so I didn't have a "plan".  But, for some reason I felt God saying
Isaiah 46.  why?  I really had no clue what was in Isaiah 46.  Really?  Isaiah 46?  that's sort of random.  Ok.
So just went there and found this...
at first glance I just read through it and I have to admit I questioned why?  but then re read it and "heard" God giving words of Encouragement.

1 Bel bows down, Nebo stoops low; 
   their idols are borne by beasts of burden.[a] 
The images that are carried about are burdensome, 
   a burden for the weary. 
2 They stoop and bow down together; 
   unable to rescue the burden, 
   they themselves go off into captivity.
 3 “Listen to me, you descendants of Jacob,
   all the remnant of the people of Israel,
you whom I have upheld since your birth,
   and have carried since you were born.
4 Even to your old age and gray hairs
   I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
   I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
 5 “With whom will you compare me or count me equal?
   To whom will you liken me that we may be compared?
6 Some pour out gold from their bags
   and weigh out silver on the scales;
they hire a goldsmith to make it into a god,
   and they bow down and worship it.
7 They lift it to their shoulders and carry it;
   they set it up in its place, and there it stands.
   From that spot it cannot move.
Even though someone cries out to it, it cannot answer;
   it cannot save them from their troubles.
 8 “Remember this, keep it in mind,
   take it to heart, you rebels.
9 Remember the former things, those of long ago;
   I am God, and there is no other;
   I am God, and there is none like me.
10 I make known the end from the beginning,
   from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say, ‘My purpose will stand,
   and I will do all that I please.’
11 From the east I summon a bird of prey;
   from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.
What I have said, that I will bring about;
   what I have planned, that I will do.
12 Listen to me, you stubborn-hearted,
   you who are now far from my righteousness.
13 I am bringing my righteousness near,
   it is not far away;
   and my salvation will not be delayed.
I will grant salvation to Zion,
   my splendor to Israel.


:3-4
makes me smile...He has known and been aware and upheld us since our birth. Why would he stop now?  even with our gray hair...=) 

vs. :6-8--- convicted and reminded me that we are not to put anything above God, not our job, our money, our desires, nothing.  We are not to create idols out of anything.  I think it is easy to be distracted from seeing God when our thoughts are filled with meeting our physical needs--when we feel desperate just to make ends meet we think "If only I had a decent job, insurance, money to pay my bills.  Then I wouldn't have to worry and I'd be happy".  Or the opposite.  I've talked to people that do have a lot of money and great jobs, and they are still obsessed or discontent.  Maybe they are obsessed by what to do with their money or how to manage it.  Maybe they think ... "just a little more and I will be Happy".  Either way, God is pretty clear that HE is our God!  And He won't be replaced.  No idols-- the job or persuit of a job cannot become an idol.  
:9 I am God, and there is no other; 
   I am God, and there is none like me. 


I'm left with these words that encourage me...God is in control!  Believing Him for what-ever He has in store.  Obsessing over HIM.  Not over the circumstance!  It is so cool that He is so clear in reminding us that HE is GOD!  LOVE IT!


Now THAT is encouraging...
(and relieving too)






No comments:

Post a Comment