My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Monday, August 1, 2011

Isaac returns from Costa Rica

On Friday, Isaac got home from his mission trip to Costa Rica.

The look on his face and the way he looked at Lucas, swept him up and ran off with him to introduce him to all the friends he'd been with for 10 days, made this momma's heart beam with pride.

He talked the whole way home about his experiences there.  I don't know how to tell the stories as well as he can.  But, let's just suffice it to say, he served the Lord in ways that were life changing for him I think.

He spoke of "anti-missionaries" that were also in the same area, sacrificing dogs and drinking their blood.  He spoke of healings that they experienced first hand.  He spoke of Bible distribution and sharing God's Word with some unreached people.  He spoke of leading worship with kids and others.  He spoke of a many hearts touched and changed by the experience.

he also spoke of tarantulas and scorpians in their laundry....(quiver....) I have to say, I was a tad creeped out doing his laundry.

I am thanking God for this experience for him and for the way the Holy Spirit moved in the kids that were there to serve as well as the people being served.

Lucas anxiously counted down the days "till gege came home" for 10 days...everyday.....

He decided a week before he came home that we needed to get flowers for Isaac ...


I love these pics...

No comments:

Post a Comment