My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Tubing down the Chatahoochee

Ok
Sometimes I have great ideas for fun things to do with the fam.  I like finding the next fun thing to do.  So, one day I saw this bus go by near my chiropractors office and noticed it said $10 River Tubing.  I thought "that sounds like fun".   And it was pretty cheap for entertainment. There are other places to Tube but are further away.

This place is only about 15 minutes from our house so as long as Aunt Linda was here, "why not?"

So, as we got onto the bus---with people that were obviously planning a "floating party", I began to question this decision.  Then when the guide gave us our tubes and said "the river is COLD......it is 55 degrees"  "You WILL likely scream when you put your toes in".....that is the moment when I REALLY began to question.

AnnaB, Isaac, Aunt Linda, Lucas and I all got into our tubes with our "tuchies" in the water and legs and head resting on the tubes.  OH MY GOSH was it COLD!  The warnings about possible hypothermia if you get disconnected from your tube were flashing through my head.

But, off we went ...  it took about 2 hours to get from the drop off point to the end spot.  The river was so cold compared to the air that there was fog floating on top of the water and it looked almost eerie.  But, pretty too.  Then we saw Turkey Vultures flying overhead....that's just a little disconcerting shall we say?

My fingers were blue.  I was shaking and cold.  Poor AnnaB was wearing a bikini.  I'm not quite sure how she survived.

In the end, I can still honestly say it was a fun day
and
Definitely Memorable!!!

off to find something a little safer and even more memorable tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment