My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Saturday, July 14, 2012

July 13, 2012--more Lifest and back to Oma and Opas

We headed in to the festival and arrived late morning.
One of the first things we watched was a Motocross event...

all I could think of was "what does his mother think of him doing this?"...lol...as in...does she completely flip out when she watches him or maybe she doesn't even watch...yes that is a flying motorcycle....





 yes he is upside down...a complete flip...

does this look unnatural to you???




on to some painting and time in the kids tent...

One of the sweetest highlights of the day was born out of a bit of sadness at first.
One of the Green Bay Packer's former Players-#94--Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (KGB) was there. I missed his seminar, but heard it was amazing.  We ended up sitting right in front of the area where he was signing autographs.  I tried to get in line but security had already cut off the line.  Lucas was disappointed so I sent him over to the lady so "she" could tell him what was going on because he was sad I couldn't get it for him but to no avail.  He went over a 3rd time because he just couldn't figure out why or how he couldn't talk to the guy.  Again no way.
Until...the last lady, a sweet woman named Gloria, went to get her autograph from KGB.  She leaned over to Mr. Kabeer and asked him something and pointed at Lucas.  Kabeer beckoned Lucas over and the rest is history as they say.  I think she gave up one of her pictures for him.  I was struggling to explain to him how he wasn't going to be able to get the autograph.  Then this tender moment.  I was choking back the tears---

Although the funny part?  Kabeer asked what Lucas's name was, and instead of Lucas just telling him he took the pen from the man and wrote it himself on the photo--L.U.C.A.S....lol 
Then Kabeer finally got the pen back and signed his name...=)
It was such a sweet thing for Gloria to do that.  I know her name cuz we talked a little afterward.  And Mr. Kabeer...You are amazing and a wonderful man to bring such simple joy to this boy.  Thank you!
 Lucas "helping" Mr. Kabeer with his own name...


finally KGB got his pen back...=)


Gloria...what a sweet wonderful thoughtful lady
after the autograph we saw AJ the Animated Illusionist.  Lucas like that.  Sort of a "magic show" with a twist.

of course there is always the cotton candy...Kill it Lucas
dem's some tired boys waitin' for another concert...recall the lack o sleep the night before...
mainstage with Family Force Five
Lucas and his new "cousin" from the Kummer clan---Elisha
Lucas's new "grandpa" Kummer...=)  he basically assumed his way into their whole family which is easy to do for me too...=)


We said goodbye to Paul's wife Susan and their sweet daughter Jubilee before the evening concerts and Susan, who is so in tuned to the Holy Spirit, shared with me that the Favor of the Lord is on Lucas.  Such a sweet blessing for our boy!  I LOVE confirmations like that.  I do not take that lightly.  He is a very special boy to us and it is so amazing to me when others see his wonderfulness too.
Concerts for the evening?
Family Force 5
Casting Crowns


We were going to stay in a tent with my friend Sheila for the night but Lucas really wanted to head back and sleep at Oma and Opa's house so at 10:30 at night we drove about 1 1/2 hours to get to their house.  I think for him it was sort of like "being home".  Oma has a way with making us feel that way.  Something familiar.  I was glad we were there and I didn't have to repack everything and drive again in the morning.  But, I missed spending more time with my sweet friend Sheila.  Maybe our whole family will come back next year and camp for the whole event...=)

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how God works in such mysterious ways! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this story! You are such sweet people and I'm so glad I was able to share this with you!
    Hugs and kisses Lucas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming to "see' us on the blog...not sure how far back you went to see our story but if you are interested...We adopted Lucas March 28, 2011...he had his surgery Sept. 28, 2011...got his new legs in the mail Dec. 30 2011.... and there are many adventures in between and since. Feel free to look around! Thanks again for your sweetness the other day at Lifest. You really made his day!

    ReplyDelete