My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Monday, October 10, 2011

Isaac

I realized that I really haven't been talking about the "big" boy much lately.
This weekend he is gone to Tennesee on a retreat with one of the youth groups that he loves.  I hope he is having a great time.

He's had some tough days over the past week or so, but I can't share the details on that one.  Just lovin' my boy and proud of how he is handling his life.  He really is a great teenager to have in the house.

He's been working at Pac Sun; going on apprentice photo shoots with his buddy Andy; skateboarding with his friends; working hard at his school work; and being a great brother to Lucas.  

The other day I felt like I was in a TV commercial --
we were sitting in the car and Isaac said "I've been thinking about joining the Air Force".
I said, "That's a big decision".  He said, "I know".
He said he wants to fly airplanes.  And that he is really enjoying his Physics and he might consider computer science.
All very noble and cool pursuits.

Then I said the most supportive "mom" thing I could think of...
"You do know you'd have to cut your hair right?"
(I guess that's where I diverge from the very cool commercials on t.v.)
I'm not sure how serious he is about it, but it would be a huge committment and we would be very proud of him.


i just love him...not much else to say about the sweet young man.  I just love him and continue to pray this over him regularly... (2 Thess. 1:11-12)

11 With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith. 12 We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.[c

No comments:

Post a Comment