My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Monday, September 26, 2011

An Amazing Day with the boy

Today was an exceptionally amazing day with Lucas.  He seems so at peace.  He was relatively happy.  He tested only a few boundaries.  AND to top it off---

He actually spent much of the day playing "pretend"---(not something he could/would do 6 months ago)

He pulled out the good ole Playmobil pile that we have (ok I never could quite get rid of it).
He played primarily with the Firetruck and "1,000" firemen we have, as well as the airplane full of policemen and firemen.  Unfortunately one of the "firemen" met his demise today in pretend play.  He "went to be with Jesus" and "is never coming home again"--he was "buried" between 2 pieces of paper and laid to rest under one of my curtains in my dining room.  I did notice that by bedtime there apparently was a "ressurrection" of sorts, because the "grave clothes" were still under the curtain but the body was no longer there...=)

He even took the police boat and several firemen into the bathtub tonight.

I love that he is allowing himself--even in these potentially stressful days---to play pretend and allow his imagination to flow.  He must be quite relaxed.  That is simply due to the Prayers of the Faithful.  If you don't believe that prayer works---well, I'm just gonna say it does!

Tomorrow I'm planning to NOT plan much.  We will do school because that makes our day "normal", we will take the dog for a walk, we will lay low.  But, the one thing I am planning to take him swimming tomorrow "one last time" for several months.  I know that is one of his favorite things ever!  He misses our pool being open, so we are going to a local public indoor pool.  I've never been there before but I've heard there are slides, etc. and sort of a shallower section.  I'm hoping it is a fun afternoon.

I've been taking some video footage of him today and will continue tomorrow--I want to "interview" him and talk to him about the surgery on tape.  So that will come tomorrow too--if it works out.

Linda, my sister, is on her way as I type.  She should be here around midnight tonight and is staying for a week.  She will mainly be here to help with staying with Isaac since we will be at the hospital 2 hours away.  I really hate leaving him behind and being bound by a "school" schedule---that is all new for us in comparison to what we went through with Jacob.  There was so much more flexibility then.  But, it is what it is.

Phil 4:6-8

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
 8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

So I end tonight with thankfulness to God for all He already has done.  For bringing sweet Lucas into our lives.  For doctors that know how to help his precious little legs.  For Prayer warriors.  For God's faithfulness once again.
I will praise Him!  He has done and will do marvelous things.

No comments:

Post a Comment