My Family

My Family
Summer 2015

Friday, September 9, 2011

...and then there was today...

I still feel like I'm learning how to parent and figure this kid out.
You'll have to read the past several posts to know how life has been the past few days.

But, today, L. woke up at 5:30 a.m.  I have to be honest.  I thought today was going to be unpleasant.
I told Lucas that if he gave me even one problem he would be going back to lay in my bed for 30 minutes. I was waiting for the proverbial "shoe" to drop all day.

He said "trust me momma"
I have to be honest, at 5:30 I was not in a very trusting mood.

His behavior today was stellar!
I'm sitting here a bit shell shocked.

We even had friends over tonight and the evening got away from us because the kids were having so much fun and so were we...He didn't get to bed until 9:30.  (bad parenting???)

He had a near issue right as we were brushing teeth.  But, seriously, that was it.  Nothing!  All DAY!

He was obedient, but not in an artificial way--truly obedient.
He was fun.
He was cooperative.
He played nicely.
All his schoolwork was done by 10 this morning.
He ate well.
He helped with chores.
(so why am I sitting here shaking my head in disbelief?)

Maybe I will pay the proverbial "piper" tomorrow.  But, right now I am thankful.  Thankful for yet another confirmation that Lucas has a sweet little soul and he can choose wisely, even when he is under stress (lack of sleep)

Right now I'm just interested in getting Myself to bed.

(I'm still looking over my shoulder and wondering.....)
I have so much to learn---yet again.  I just want a repeat of this day---except the 5:30 part.  I mean really. That's a long day even with a wonderful kid.  I think I should get paid overtime---what do you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment